Monday 15 February 2010

Paul Smith for Evian





I always love listening to designers talk about their work. And for the most part I am surprised by how humble and approachable they are. I don't know why, maybe because we always see them on TV and in magazines, I expect them to be more snobbish!

I think I have realised that the designers stay down to earth, mostly because they are inspired and creative beings. The people who use the products of these designers though, that's a different kettle of fish. It's a strange phenomenon.

Here is Paul Smith: world renowned, but still enjoying his work every single day. I love his approach of completely disregarding newspapers (as it means it has been done already). Instead he surrounds himself with beautiful books and objects, his studio is filled to the brim with things that inspire!

I need to get my hands on one of these Evian bottles! They are a work of art. Sadly the staff at the Paul Smith store in Cape Town had no idea what I was on about when I waltzed in there over the weekend. I will most certainly go hunting this weekend! I am told that the bottles are available from "top hotels and restaurants only". I will be sure to let you know when I find one!!

x a

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails