Thursday 18 February 2010

Miss Bancroft

I'm sitting in my quiet, bland office highlighting a box with blue highlighter. I'm going up and down, rather than length ways, which would be easier and much quicker (it's a long rectangular box across the page).

Then I suddenly remember sitting in Miss Bancroft's art class. I must have been in standard 2, say about 10 years old. I remember her explaining how unique nature is. How every leaf on a tree is a different colour, a different hue of green or yellow or brown. She explained that just because it is easier to colour in the bark of a tree 'up and down', this is not the way to do it. If you colour it in sideways, you can see the roundness of the tree and the texture of the bark.

I find it funny how I remember these little things so many years later.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails