Friday 26 February 2010

It's Beautiful Here...

...OK, that's actually taken from designer Heath Nash's clever coat rack, but it just happens to be in the home of another famous designer, the insanely talented Mr Haldane Martin. (Ha, and they are both Capetonians).

I am a firm believer in a picture is more than a thousand words, so I'm not even going to bother to garble on about this stunning renovation. Have a look see...






I love the simpliticity of this home. There is no clutter, which I don't think I will ever be able to achieve... I really find it amazing how people can live without even a little bit of clutter. Doesn't everyone want to hang on to their school books? Don't we all have piles of books and magazines stuck in the corner and next to the couch and on to of the dining table, which is never used as a dining table because where would the stuff on top the dining table go? Hey, but's another discussion in itself.
Haldane's furniture pieces stand alone likes work of art, pure beauty! Haha, and I think it's also my Afrikaner heritage that makes me really really like the Riempie Couch.
For more, go to Haldane's website and have a look.
x a
All images via Apartment Therapy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails