Tuesday, 23 March 2010
Sunday, 21 March 2010
If you feel like spoiling someone (or yourself), try to make the yummy flap jacks! Perfect for a lazy Saturday, after sleeping a little later than normal...
Flap Jacks, stacked with bacon, fresh rocket (I prefer the wild rocket - can get it at Pick 'n Pay) and lastly drizzled with Maple Syrup.
Make sure you make enough, because you will definitely want seconds!!
My Mom's recipe for flap jacks
1 cup self raising flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon oil
pinch of salt
Break the eggs into a cup, add water until it's at 3/4 cup mark. Whisk together.
Add the dry ingredients, but don't whisk too much, it will make it sticky if you do.
Put a little margarine in a hot pan, spoon small amounts of batter in the pan (normally about 3 or 4 flap jacks will fit in the pan in one go).
Once bubbles appear on the top, you need to flip it over.
Thursday, 18 March 2010
One of her predictions was the "taking flight" concept. Anything linked to birds and flying would become fashionable and coveted. Think nests, feathers, birds..and I want to add to that: Butterflies. What's not to love? Sure, sometimes it's a little kitsch, but when done correctly, it can be the most beautiful thing you've seen!
This wall of butterflies is the work of Paul Villinski, I'll try and share more if his work soon.
Image via Apartment Therapy
Wednesday, 17 March 2010
I love sunshine.
I love my fiance.
I love cocoa on a cold day.
I love tomatoes.
I love painting.
I love paintings.
I love sleeping in.
But how about just "I love." Full stop. Isn't that worth something?
Today, I love.
Monday, 8 March 2010
And it makes me cranky.
Image Via Flickr
Friday, 5 March 2010
1. Finish the rug I started making. Painting is done, just some stitching to do (The image above was the inspiration for my rug - you will have to wait and see!)
2. Start laying out the pattern of the bits of fabric for the quilt (yip, still adamant on making one)
3. Restock the cleaning cupboard (I was so sure I bought Handy Andy the other day?)
4. Throw out all the pieces of paper that I have not looked at, have not used, or don't know what they are. Seriously, I have piles of the stuff all over the place
5. Find that bottle of Paul Smith Evian water. Dammit.
What are you up to this weekend?
Monday, 1 March 2010
Oh. My. Goodness.
Inspired by water-worn pebbles, the lounger is made from 80% recycled stainless steel wire loops (recycling was BIG at the expo - no surprise there).
I gotta have one.
(sorry, my phone acting up a little this Monday morning, so can't post pics from the expo yet)
- I did go the Indaba (will tell you all about it, promise)
- I did not go to the film festival (although I see my two top choices are showing tonight and tomorrow night)
- Withnail bit me
- I did cut up all the fabric bits for the quilt in progress
- And most upsetting of all: I did not find the Paul Smith Evian bottle. Anybody out there know who stocks it? Let me know, please!