Tuesday 15 February 2011

Valentines Dinner

The Fiance and I never really make plans for V Day. In the past we've ambled into restaurants without booking (realising it's really silly, not getting a table and having a slice of pizza from the food court instead). So yesterday on a whim I made a booking at Cafe Paradiso. I was lucky, someone had cancelled (thank you dear stranger who made other plans!).

I've never even heard of it, but stumbled upon the restaurant's website while looking at different Cape Town eateries. So we went.

Cafe Paradiso is on the very top of Kloof Street. The garden is magical, with huge trees providing shade. Unfortunately our table was inside (hey, what could I expect having booked at 3 in the afternoon?). But even the inside had it's own appeal, with quaint interiors and rustic touches: we sat next to the guy making the homemade pasta. :)

We decided not to have starters, and rather save space for the pudding, which ended up being a great idea...

I had the organic sirloin (done medium rare to perfection) with black mushroom, with crunchy rocket and Parmesan. Delicious is an understatement! Mr M had the feathered steak with pasta, tomato salsa and arugula.

We finally decided on brandy tart, and ask to swap the cream for ice cream instead. Oh, and not just any ice cream. You have a choice: Vanilla, White chocolate, Lindt, and I think there was also an Amarula flavour. We opted for the white chocolate.

Oh. My. Goodness. I'll go back just for the brandy tart!

Cafe Paradiso is part of a group of restaurants / venues under the Madame Zingara banner. I get the feeling that everything this Madame touches turns to ....magic!

I'm on my way to have lunch at Cafe Mozart - also part of the group. Will tell you all about it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails