Thursday 17 February 2011

Post Valentine's Lunch / Cafe Mozart


OK, calling it 'Post Valentine's Lunch" is a little pretencions, like Mr M and I drag the day out to a whole week affair! We really don't.
It's was just an excuse to have a lovely lunch, really.

The trick with Cafe Mozart is to go early in order to secure an outside table. Or wait. It's worth it. On a *lovely* summer's day there is nothing better than sitting under the big trees, with the buzzing city around you. Situated on the Church street cobble stoned walkway, there is always interesting folk passing through. On Tuesday we were surprised with street buskers playing a catchy tune ;)

By far the best thing about Cafe Mozart is their buffet. A table laden with fresh salads, homemade bread, gorgeous potato bake (which I suspect has dollops and dollops of cream in it), so much more. For me it was the perfect (almost) healthy lunch. And at R45 per plate, a great deal for a lazy lunch.

You might think that I get paid for these reviews they way I carry on, but truly, I just love it when I stumble upon a place that not only serves good food, but also makes me feel happy when I sit there. You know? Even if I had only a glass of water I suspect I would enjoy the experience ;)

PS. more more info go to Cafe Mozart and Cafe Paradiso

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails