Thursday 8 April 2010

Inspiration from Tim Burton's Wonderland




Don't worry, I'm not going to talk about how incredible Alice in Wonderland is. (OK, but it is.)

If you have seen the movie, you have to agree with me that the colours in this film have a way of grabbing at you and pulling you into this imaginary world. I found myself completely mesmerized by the beautiful and interesting mix of colours.

Throughout the entire movie, I was transfixed by Alice's blue grey with a hint of purple dress. The mushrooms in pink and blue and purple and orange and every other colour you can imagine! And then there are the flowers, in the most vibrant (and at the same time kinda smokey) hues of orange and pink and red.
And I found myself looking at the silk sash around the Mad Hatter's hat all the time, that lvoely salmon pink creation.
These colours would create the most amazing and evocative interiors. The funny thing is is that for my own place I have been leaning towards these colours for some time now. Seeing it all together like this though makes we really want to get stuck in and paint all the walls of my tiny apartment! (again...)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails