Wednesday 31 August 2011

Happening in Cape Town: Woodlands Eatery

The neighbourhood of Vredehoek has always intrigued me. It's close to town, against the mountain, beautiful historic architecture, views that stretch for miles, a real sense of community: what more do you need? Well, there is the problem of the wind, but that can be dealt with.

A couple of weeks ago a dear friend and I were looking for a place to hide out from her father-in-law (a funny story actually). We ambled up, driving further and further up the mountain. Just when you think all you are going to encounter are more old homes and buildings, you find this gem. Woodlands Eatery.

I've been back probably 5 times. For lunch, for take-aways, for drinks. Last night was the first time that my guy and I had a proper meal there. It was so good, I forgot to take pics of the food!

We shared a pharma ham, rocket, Gorgonzola cheese, tomato and balsamic reduction pizza (heaven!!) and a beetroot, butternut and feta salad.

The decor is comfy and quirky, without being pretentious (as so many eateries are). Faded floral fabrics ( I spent 5 minutes explaining to M that yes, you can buy fabrics brand new that look like they've been dug up from the attic of a long lost relative), reclaimed timber, 'kombuis' stoele (as I call them) and loads of charm. Oh - bonus - the staff are super friendly! That always helps.



All in all - a prefect place to unwind, meet up with friends and enjoy seriously good food.



Image 1-3: Eat Out

Image 4: I want that

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails