Monday 12 July 2010

We knew this day would come..

..but we chose not to think about it.

Now that the World Cup is over, everyone is asking "What now?". Hell, I don't know. For the past month all M and I have done in the evenings is plonk ourselves down in front of the TV (with heater and a bowl of popcorn) and watch the games. Even last week was like a bit of withdrawal with very few games being played and everyone waiting for the weekend's big match.
I've gotta say I'm still basking in the glow of a fantastic event - where South Africans quite rightly was able to say "Up yours" to all the pessimists and foreign media who didn't give us half a chance of hosting this event. Now investors are looking at the country in a new light, and it's about time I say.
Last night's closing ceremony was sure to give every South African goosebumps. (Um, I was not impressed with the opening ceremony and was a little apprehensive before last nights show kicked off - but I was stunned by everything that was going on in Soccer City last night)

The elephants (or 'Elafants' as Paris says) going to the watering hole was cute, the musical instruments being played by performers on the ground very clever, Shakira and Freshly Ground simply riveting (hell, that woman is built!) and everything was smoooooooth. Enough lighting and fireworks to show that we can, without being tacky. (I think the Beijing Olympics overdid the fireworks)

Oh, funny by the way - M calls it the "Burger Patty". I see the resemblance....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails