Thursday 14 March 2013

Instagramming

In this world filled with social media, and a new one hitting our computer screens (or smart phones) seemingly every other week....it's difficult to keep up!

I signed up on twitter, but it took me ages to get into the hang of it. All those hieroglyphs to me ages to figure out and read anything that made sense.

Facebook is my friend. I check it countess times a day, not only to keep up with friends and acquaintances, but to stay in the loop with blogs, stores, brands and other random things I follow (or 'like').  I still think Facebook is a powerful tool to pick up on what's trending and in vogue for designers.

Then there was Instagram - probably my fave. I'm a visual person, so lot's of words and ramblings get lost on me. Instagram is instant visual satisfaction: scrolling through beautiful images (sometimes with short captions) and feeding off other creative's daily captures.  I follow a beautiful mix of local and international artists, designers, photographers and just general clever thinking people. And it's thrilling to have a glimpse into their world.




If you follow me in Instagram, you'll see loads of pics of my beautiful Ozzy (kitten cat) - yes, I've turned into one of those over-sharing-cat-loving-woman. Now and then I try and post something remotely intelligent and beautiful!

* click on the button on the top right of my blog to go straight to my Instagram page


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails