Thursday 25 August 2011

Spring...almost, but not yet


After living in Cape Town for just about 5 years, I've become used to the fact that Spring arrives a little later here than in the rest of South Africa. Since yesterday I've been hearing 'Spring is here! Pack away the boots!" from people in Johannesburg, or especially Durban (do they ever have real winter?).

But, alas, Cape Town is still chilly. And the rainy season has just started. I'm sitting here, boots and all, next to my little heater and wishing some magical fairy would bring me a cup of really good coffee. Or hot chocolate, I'm not fussy.

At least the sun is shining today, so I can dream of warmer days, flowers blooming and the creepers against UCT's wall going green again.



ps. I am really bad at saving the references for all the pretty pictures I find on the net. Can anyone give me tips on how to do it?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails